Avocados are full of fiber, potassium, and vitamins C,K, folate, and B6. A normal size half an avocado has 160 calories, 15 grams of heart-healthy unsaturated fat, and only 2 grams saturated fat. One globe contains more than one-third daily value of vitamin C, and more than half the day’s requirements of vitamin K.
|Avocado prolong life|
How avocado prolong life?
- It contains carotenoid that works as an antioxidant and helps to prevent eye desease.
- Carotenoid also help you get more of these nutrients from other foods. It is soluble in fat, not water. As such, eating carotenoid-packed foods like fruits and vegetables along with monounsaturated-fat-rich avocados helps your body absorb the carotenoids.
- Avocados make you feel full. High in fibre, of which your body needs to keep the digestive system running smoothly. Plus, soluble fibre slows the breakdown of carbohydrates in your body, helping you feel full for longer.
- Avocados also contain oleic acid, to activate your brain and make you feel full.
- Avocados can protect your unborn baby—and your heart. One cup of avocado provides almost a quarter of your recommended daily intake of folate, a vitamin which cuts the risk of birth defects. If you’re pregnant—or planning to be—avocados will help protect your unborn baby.
- A high folate intake is also associated with a lower risk of heart attacks and heart disease.
- Avocados can help lower your cholesterol. Oleic acid in avocados can help reduce cholesterol levels. By lowering down the LDL, it also increase the HDL (the healthy type) to keep your heart healthy.
Let's keep our heart healthy.. Avocado will prolong our life by keeping us a healthy heart.